4 stars Hotel, situated by the sea, in Cesenatico.
Cesenatico was founded in 1302. It was considered part of the city of Cesena until it was incorporated at the beginning of the 18th century. Its port and canal were built in 1500, with the canal originally planned to reach Cesena, some 15 kilometres (9 mi) inland. At the request of Cesare Borgia the canal was later surveyed by Leonardo da Vinci. It is often erroneously claimed that da Vinci designed the canal. In 1722 James Francis Edward Stuart (the ‘Old Pretender’ to the British throne) stayed in Cesenatico’s Capuchin monastery.
Today Cesenatico is a tourist resort. It is home to the Marine Museum (Museo della Marineria), where historic fishing boats are displayed in the canal. The town also features a 118-metre (387 ft) high skyscraper, which for a few years was among the 30 highest buildings in Europe.The town is bordered to the south by the mouth of the Rubicon river.